Hosting companies routinely email WindowsWebHostingReview asking us to review them about their ASP.NET hosting features. Because we’ve made a commitment to only recommend the best to our readers, we usually end up turning down most hosting companies.
ASPHostPortal was founded in 2008 and provides Windows-based ASP web hosting services. ASPHostPortal was proclaimed one of the 500 fastest-growing privately owned companies. They offer wide ASP.NET hosting from shared hosting, cloud hosting, reseller hosting, and also dedicated server. In addition, they also offer domain and SSL registration as well. ASPHostPortal also states each of their ASP.NET hosting plans comes with easy to install scripts and offers the ability to choose where the site is hosted, either in one of their datacenters in USA, Europe, Asia (Singapore, Hongkong, India), and also Australia.
ASP.NET Hosting Plan
ASPHostPortal offers 4 famous ASP.NET hosting plans. This company offers several additional add-ons that you can purchase after your base plan has been setup via the control panel.
- Host One plan start with $5.00/month. This plan support Unlimited domains, 5 GB disk space, 60 GB bandwith, 2 MSSQL database @200 MB/database, 200 MB email space, dedicated application pool, with bonus 1 FREE domain name
- Host Two plan start with $9.00/month. This plan support Unlimited domains, 15 GB disk space, 150 GB bandwith, 4 MSSQL database @500 MB/database, 500 MB email space, dedicated application pool, with bonus 1 FREE domain name
- Host Three plan start with $14.00/month. This plan support Unlimited domains, 50 GB disk space, 500 GB bandwith, 6 MSSQL database @1000 MB/database, 1000 MB email space, dedicated application pool, with bonus 1 FREE domain name. This is the most favourite plan in shared hosting.
- Host Four plan start with $9.00/month. This plan is the most powerfull plan. Why? This plan support Unlimited domains, unlimited disk space, unliimited bandwith, 10 MSSQL database @1000 MB/database, 1000 MB email space, dedicated application pool, with bonus 1 FREE domain name
Cloud hosting have 4 Cloud Hosting plan, which is named
- Cloud One plan start with $4.00/month. This plan support Unlimited domains, 2 GB disk space, 20 GB bandwith, 1 MSSQL database @100 MB/database, 100 MB email space, dedicated application pool
- Cloud Two plan start with $7.00/month. This plan support Unlimited domains, 6 GB disk space, 60 GB bandwith, 2 MSSQL database @200 MB/database, 200 MB email space, dedicated application pool.
- Cloud Three plan start with $13.50/month. This plan support Unlimited domains, 15 GB disk space, 150 GB bandwith, 4 MSSQL database @500 MB/database, 500 MB email space, dedicated application pool, with bonus 1 FREE domain name.
- Cloud Four plan start with $17.00/month. This plan is advanced plan which developer requires high specification. It comes with Unlimited domains, 40 GB disk space, 400 GB bandwith, 8 MSSQL database @500 MB/database, 1000 MB email space, dedicated application pool, with bonus 1 FREE domain name.
As we have explained above, they also have dedicated server in case you need dedicated server. They have 2 windows dedicated server plan here, one is the cheap windows dedicated server plan which is start from $18.00/month and premium windows dedicated server plan. We will discuss their premium windows dedicated server plan here.
- Bundled Cloud Silver Class has Dual Intel Xeon Processor E5620 (12M Cache, 2.40 GHz), 1 GB RAM and 100 GB HDD. It is not recommended if you need fast server for your site.
- Bundled Cloud Gold Class has Dual Intel Xeon Processor E5645 Hex Core (12M Cache, 2.40 GHz), 2 GB RAM, RAID 10, 100 GB HDD. Sometimes they can offer double RAM for you to 4 GB RAM. It also comes with SQL server.
- Bundled Cloud Platinum Server has Dual Intel Xeon Processor E5-2620 Hex Core (15M Cache, 2.0 GHz), 8 GB RAM, RAID 10, 2×500 GB SSD. This is very recommended for you if you need fast server. It has come with Plesk Control panel, DNS service, SmarterMail, 4 Static IP, SQL Standard version.
- Bundled Cloud Titanium Server has Dual Intel Xeon Processor E5-2620 Hex Core (15M Cache, 2.0 GHz), 16 GB RAM, RAID 10, 2×1 TB SSD. This is the most powerful server.
You can access the control panel via several clicks in the customer portal, or you can go directly to it. Since there isn’t much that you can do about your website in the customer portal, the control panel is where the action is. From managing FTP, email or other accounts, to SEO, security and domain management—all of the basic needs are covered there.
Many Great Applications can be Installed
If you want to set up a new website, there are quite a few options for you. You can either upload your own scripts or you can install some of the most popular ones—from WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and others, or e-commerce solutions such as nopCommerce and osCommerce. Installation is easy and accomplished with few clicks. If you are a new customer but want to transfer a domain, you’ll get a free transfer.
There also are a lot of additional scripts that will help you with features like music, images, RSS, file management, e-commerce, wikis, polls and surveys. Customizing your website is easy with their big scripts database and easy (almost) one-click installation. However, some things that probably should be automatic aren’t, like spam filters, so you will have to devote a few minutes to installing those scripts.
Reliability and Uptime
Our site hosted at ASPHostPortal has enjoyed several months of 100% uptime – there was no outage recorded since August at this time of writing. Please refer to image below and server test data below for more details.
Websites on ASPHostPortal have shown that they can withstand decent number of visitors. Using Load Impact, we tested the response times from several locations. The website server is located in Dallas, so we mainly focused on the West Coast to East Coast response times..
The average response time was about 1 to 1.5 seconds, rising consistently as user volume increased. This is really great if you host your site with them. If you need fast response site, you can count on them
We also tested our site running from Singapore and we found that it only take 2-3 seconds to load which is quite good and responsive.
Help and Support
ASPHostPortal offers several options to get in touch with them and to ask questions. These options include:
- Direct email addresses to 24/7 technical support and business hours billing.
- In-depth Knowledge Base.
- Frequently updated blog. Topics include announcements, industry news, marketing, research, technical, and much
ASPHostPortal is a solid host that has received many awards for their great customer support and uptime. But, none of that makes a difference to you. If you’re looking for a great shared ASP.NET hosting, we highly recommend you give ASPHostPortal a try.