When looking for ASP.NET Core hosting, many users go straight for the most popular web hosts – while others do meticulous research and end up at smaller, yet more focused providers. However, there’s one host that seldom comes up in either of those two groups – so let’s make amends with our UKWindowsHostASP.NET Hosting review for WordPress!
Despite not being well-known, UKWindowsHostASP.NET has made a bit of a name for itself thanks to its rapid speed and great support. However, when it comes to web hosts and their claims, it’s usually best to take this type of information with a grain of salt, unless you’ve tested the solution for yourself.
With that in mind, we’ve rigorously tested UKWindowsHostASP.NET Hosting to see how it plays with ASP.NET Core, and whether its support and speeds are really all that. Let’s get started on our UKWindowsHostASP.NET Hosting review for ASP.NET Core!
UKWindowsHostASP.NET Hosting review for ASP.NET Core – specific features
As a ASP.NET Core user, any web host you’re considering should be held to a much higher standard. Given ASP.NET’ massive popularity, hosts should offer specific features geared towards its users – UKWindowsHostASP.NET Hosting doesn’t disappoint in this aspect:
- Optimized ASP.NET Server: UKWindowsHostASP.NET Hosting offers optimized ASP.NET Core server to maximize speed and security. This enables you to focus on growing your site without worrying about performance.
- Fast loading sites: This provider’s main claim to fame lies in its speeds. Faster loading sites lower your bounce rates and keep users happy, so they’re definitely a good thing. We’ll discuss performance in-depth later on, so keep reading.
So far, we’re off to a decent start! Let’s move on to see how UKWindowsHostASP.NET Hosting fares with its customer support.
We’d heard good things about UKWindowsHostASP.NET Hosting’s customer support, so we were particularly excited about testing it first hand. Before diving in, we took a long look through their documentation. Their knowledge base includes over more than 100 specific articles, including using Google Analytics and administering ASP.NET code.
UKWindowsHostASP.NET offers several options to get in touch with them and to ask questions. These options include:
- Direct email addresses to 24/7 technical support and business hours billing.
- In-depth Knowledge Base.
- Frequently updated blog. Topics include announcements, industry news, marketing, research, technical, and much more.
- Social networking including Google+, Twitter (1,500+ tweets), and Facebook.
ASP.NET Core Hosting Performance
Raw performance is one of the main criteria you need to consider when choosing a ASP.NET Core web host. Here are the main features that UKWindowsHostASP.NET Hosting offers to improve user performance:
- Solid State Drives (SDDs): All of their ASP.NET Core plans offer SSDs, which cuts down on loading speeds across the board.
- Turbo feature: Some of their (more expensive) plans offer an exclusive Turbo feature, which claims to cut down on loading times enormously.
Aside from these features, UKWindowsHostASP.NET Hosting offers data centers in 6 locations:
However, with the above in mind, every ASP.NET host claims to offer bleeding-edge speeds and technology – so you shouldn’t take those claims at face value. Let’s do some testing of our own and see how UKWindowsHostASP.NET Hosting performs.
Page speed tests with Pingdom
For this test, we used a bare-bones ASP.NET Core website without any customizations after setup. Then, we tested how quickly our site loaded using three different Pingdom servers in multiple locations to get more accurate results:
- London: 661 milliseconds.
- Washington: 2.00 conds.
- Frankfurt: 831 milliseconds.
We got off to a rough start with the Australian test, but recovered afterward. Overall, these are some decent results – so let’s see if our server can hold up under stress!
Page speed tests with Load Impact
Load Impact enables us to test how any given site would perform under moderate amounts of stress. To do this, we configured it to simulate 25 concurrent users, added one by one over a five minute period. Here are the results:
- Load generator: London, US.
- Test server: Chicago, US.
- Minimum response time: 220.83 milliseconds.
- Maximum response time: 329.99 milliseconds.
We were hopeful after seeing the New York results for the past test, but we’ve got to admit – these response times were a shock! Loading a website in under 0.3 seconds is quite a feat, even more so for a website under load. It’s fair to say that UKWindowsHostASP.NET Hosting delivers when it comes to speeds.
ASP.NET Core Hosting Pricing
UKWindowsHostASP.NET Hosting offers four shared hosting plans tailored towards ASP.NET users:
- Starter (starting at £2.99 per month): This plan supports five domains and 1 MySQL database. It also come with 1 GB disk space and 20 GB bandwith. It’s perfect for users that require support for multiple sites.
- Economy (starting at £5.99 per month): Supports 50 domains, 1 MSSQL database and 2 MySQL database. And also comes with 5 GB space and 50 GB bandwith. It’s the perfect solution for power users with multiple websites.
- Developer (starting at £8.99 per month): The Developer plan shares all the bells and whistles of its Swift counterpart, but also offers UKWindowsHostASP.NET Hosting’s Turbo technology. It’s meant for users that need to shave off every single millisecond of page loading speeds.
- Enterprise (starting at £16.99 per month): This is the most powerful plan comes with unlimited websites, unlimited space and also bandwith. It has also comes with Hosting’s Turbo technology.
As you may remember from the previous section, UKWindowsHostASP.NET Hosting’s websites load plenty fast – and that’s without having access to their Turbo settings. We didn’t get to test that feature personally, so at this moment, we would recommend sticking to their Economy plans – this is most suitable one for new site.
Overall pros and cons
It’s almost time for this UKWindowsHostASP.NET Hosting review for ASP.NET Core to come to an end, so let’s take a minute to recap the good and the bad we’ve discovered so far.
- Ridiculously fast speeds. This is one of the fastest web hosts we’ve seen, period.
- A thorough knowledge base for ASP.NET users.
- A friendly and fast-acting support team, who know their stuff when it comes to ASP.NET.
- Free migration services.
- Crystal Report and SSRS are addon. But if you don’t use this feature, then you don’t need to purchase it.
UKWindowsHostASP.NET Hosting review for WordPress: Conclusion
It’s difficult to overstate how important picking the right web host is. After all, the wrong one could easily sink your site due to a lack of proper support and shoddy services. That being said, our UKWindowsHostASP.NET Hosting review for ASP.NET Core found none of these red flags here. In fact, their reasonable prices and high speeds make them an excellent choice for ASP.NET Core users!