Both nopCommerce and WooCommerce are very popular carts on the market and many people use this option to build their online store. We also believe that performance, usability, and convenience of an online store are important factors.
In this article review, we are going to compare nopCommerce and WooCommerce, which one is the best option and suitable for you?
nopCommerce vs WooCommerce Overview
If we talk about nopCommerce, nopCommerce is an ASP.NET based platform and we need MSSQL database to install this nopCommerce. nopCommerce become one of the favourite ASP.NET CMS for ecommerce. In other hand, WooCommerce is an ecommerce plugin which is built from WordPress. Both are free CMS and you can download it from internet. And you can also customize it by yourself.
nopCommerce vs WooCommerce Features
nopCommerce presents a great scope of features for convenience of an e-merchant, like bulk product upload via XML, product attributes, configurable customer attributes etc. There are robust marketing tools and features like dropshipping, multistore and multivendor support, anonymous checkout, wish lists and so on. It also provides integration with major payment gateways like PayPal, Cash On Delivery, accepting checks, credit cards, etc. Shipping methods vary from real-time integrated UPS and USPS rates with free shipping configured for all products or specific products as well as admin defined customer groups.
WooCommerce isn’t as feature rich out of the box. Nevertheless, it provides practically everything you might need for a successful start without heaps of unnecessary stuff you might get confused with. It provides great reporting tools to track the progress, convenient inventory management, powerful SEO tools like built-in meta tags and SEF URLs, allows to sell both physical and digital products, add product attributes, upsell, cross-sell, apply discount coupons and much more.
NopCommerce vs WooCommerce Strengths and Weakness
NopCommerce is a great and easy to use .NET framework for building an online store. It has almost limitless customization options, but I would rate it as moderate in terms of knowledge needed to set it up. If you’ve built your own website before, then you may be able to figure it out, but if you haven’t then you’ll need help.
Strengths of nopCommerce
- It’s FREE! This helps bring down the cost whether your building it yourself or having some developers make it for you.
- It’s Open Source which means that you can expect a lot of customization options and community support.
- It’s extremely flexible! It means that you can easily customize the designs
Weakness of nopCommerce
- It’s its own CMS. This means that you cannot really integrate it into an existing website, if you want to use Nop Commerce, then you’ll need to build your whole website around it.
- It can be overwhelming to use. Similar to the first time your grand father logged into Facebook, there are a lot of features available upfront and it can have some pretty steep learning curves attached with picking it up.
- You’re going to need help. Unless you’re a website developer, you’ll likely need help setting everything up properly and learning how to maintain it. This is why NopCommerce is very popular with Website development agencies.
WooCommerce is actually just a plugin for WordPress unlike NopCommerce, which was its own full-fledged E-Commerce system. It’s a little bit newer than Nop, but is already making waves with how easy it is to use in conjunction with WordPress. However, being a plugin, it can only be used by existing WordPress users, which severely limits the amount of businesses that use it.
Strengths of WooCommerce:
- Plugin which means that if you’re already using WordPress, you won’t have to make a new website for your store, unlike NopCommerce.
- Heavily customizable: Not quite as much as NopCommerce, but pretty close
- Easy to use: If you can create a basic WordPress site, than you can use Woo Commerce
Weakness of WooCommerce:
- It’s tied to the WordPress platform, which means that, unless your website already runs on WordPress, you’ll be starting from scratch
- Many of the features are not free: This pretty much applies to all of the best themes.
- It will never be as Customizable as NopCommerce, since it is only a plugin addition to an existing CMS system.
So, Which one is the Best for Ecommerce?
As you can see from the abovementioned facts, nopCommerce is a more full-featured cart, which is therefore more complex to manage. It is a separate website, which can be suitable for those who don’t have a website yet and planning to have it built by a professional, plus ready to put in some time for mastering the platform.
WooCommerce is a plugin that cannot exist on its own and can only be installed with WordPress. So it’s a more viable solution for existing or future WordPress users. Its major strength is unparalleled simplicity and user-friendliness, which, in combination with a strong community makes a good fit for users with little or no previous experience who wish to build and manage their store themselves. Plus, it’s an opportunity to offer your clients a more sophisticated experience, combining a website, a blog and an e-store based on WP.
The option is your hand. We have tried both nopCommerce and WooCommerce. If we can recommend, it will be better to use nopCommerce for ecommerce site.
Hosting Recommendation for nopCommerce and WooCommerce Hosting
This is one of important thing. We need to select the best hosting provider for our ecommerce site. Without good hosting provider, our website is useless. We have reviewed more than 30+ hosting provider that offer nopCommerce and WooCommerce, we have 3 recommendations for you here:
ASPHostPortal – Best nopCommerce Hosting Solution
ASPHostPortal was launched in 2008. They are one of the best Windows Hosting in United States is ASPHostPortal.com. This company currently supports Windows Server 2012 hosting with ASP.NET 4.5 / 4.5.1 / 4.5.2, MVC 5.1 / 5.1.1 / 5.1.2, Visual Studio 2012, WebSockets, IIS 8.5 and support the latest Microsoft technology. All of its Windows hosting services are 100% compatible with nopCommerce shopping cart
HostForLIFE.eu – Best Ecommerce Hosting Choice for European Data Center
HostForLIFE.eu was founded in 2008 and since then they have grown into one of the largest windows hosting companies in the UK. HostForLIFE.eu is operated from their registered office based in Manchester and data center in Amsterdam, London data center, and newest Paris datacenter. At HostForLIFE.eu you will find low cost, yet reliable, nopcommerce hosting services. Today they host millions of websites across their infrastructure. From entry level Shared Hosting packages all the way up to Private Clusters.
UKWindowsHostASP.NET – Best nopCommerce Hosting in UK
UKWindowsHostASP.NET is one of the best nopCommerce hosting solution in UK. UKWindowsHostASP.NET shall be a right choice if you’re looking for and cheap and reliable nopCommerce Hosting provider. With specialty in Windows hosting, your nopCommerce site will run smoothly in their hosting environment.[crp]